Hi Friends! I’m Amy the mother of this awesome crew and half of the Guardians of the Family duo.
Here’s 10 quick facts about me:
1. My husband Jake and I have been married for almost 23 years.
2. I can’t imagine a life without him by my side. I could go on and on- but I promised quick. 😏
3. In 23 years of marriage we’ve moved over 36 times.
4. That doesn’t include the 6 months we lived on a school bus and traveled the country.
5. My husband hates when I tell people how many times we’ve moved.
6. Depending on how you look at it, we have either 4 or 6 children. Jacob (21), Josh (17), Sam (14), Betsy (8). Plus our amazing Daughter-in-law Sandy and our sweet daughter Juanita who was stillborn 19 years ago. So yeah- definitely 6 children. ❤️
7. We’ve homeschooled for the past 11 years.
8. We currently live in a fifth wheel (RV) in Houston, Texas. Though we claim Alaska as home.
9. We belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (The Mormons)
10. Family is the most important thing to me- which is just fine because my family is pretty amazing. 👊PC: @jjoshuajjensen
It’s so wonderful to have you here! I’m Kim, the other half of The Guardians of the Family duo, and here are 10 things about me:
1. I married a wonderful man from Alaska, who tricked me into moving to Alaska when we got married. Just kidding (not kidding)
2. I have 7 awesome kids ranging in ages from 3 to 20 years old. My oldest just finished her second year of college and man does that make me feel old.
3. I am the oldest of 9 children, and I had the perfect childhood in a small town in southeast Idaho.
4. I never dreamt when I moved to Alaska that I would become an expert at skinning Moose and processing fish, but now I am.
5. I love to read, and that’s usually what you’ll find me doing in my free time. One of my all time favorite books is The Hiding Place.
6. My passion right now is photography. I love to take candid photos of my family, and getting my camera out everyday helps me be present in the moment and to see the beauty around me.
7. Last year I took my kids on a 3 1/2 month “Epic Adventure” down the west coast. It was life changing for me and we made memories that will last a lifetime.
8. When my kids are grown and gone my dream is to go on a 2 year mission with my husband and then spend 2-3 years touring the US in an RV.
9. I recently started doing family history, and I’m obsessed. It is so fun to do!
10. Like Amy, I’m also a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that God is real. I know He knows us, He loves us, and He answers our prayers.